Get Praise and Coffee in your email.

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My One Word for 2012

Everyone’s talking about One Word 365, even our magazine!


Here’s a portion of the article:

Choose just one word.

One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live or what you want to achieve by the end of 2012.

One word that you can focus on every day, all year long.

It will take hard work, and will require intentionality and commitment. But if you let it, your word will shape you and your year. It will guide your decisions and help you grow.

Discover the big impact one word can make.

One word. 365 days. A life changed.


This year I decided to jump in, but I couldn’t come up with a word. One word is hard for me. I need a couple paragraphs. So I prayed and asked God to show me. Show me a word that will mean a mouthful.

And He did.

While thinking about the songs that resonate with me in this season of life, it hit me: breathe.


It’s hard to explain all that this word means to me because it encompasses so much.

From this:

Genesis 2:7


Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person. (NLT)

To breathe is to live.

This life is a gift from God.

To this:

2 Corinthians 2:14


In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade. Through us, he brings knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God, which is recognized by those on the way of salvation—an aroma redolent with life. (The Message)

What a thought, that my life could be a sweet aroma for others to breathe in.


To breathe, to pause, to infuse, inhale, inspire.

This word helps me remember that when I get overwhelmed, I need to stop and breathe. Take a pause, think about what’s really important in life…and just breathe.

It reminds me that each day is a series of breaths, each one inspiring life.

Breathe helps me remember Him. That He is present in each breath.

And that I need to be present in each breath, not wishing my life away for the BIG moments, but cherishing the ones that seem unimportant. The smiles and laughs and giggles that fill each day.

He is there in each and every one, sustaining and infusing us with life.


When I get anxious…breathe…remember whose I am, and say a prayer.

When the pressures of life overwhelm…breathe.

When I start to compare…breathe…because I’m no less or no better than anyone else.
I'm me. NO one else on this planet can fill my shoes, and I shouldn't worry about filling anyone elses either.

Breathe.

It’s my reminder to pause, get the right perspective and thank Him with every cell in my being that He’s given me breath today.

Hop over to OneWord365.com to see what all the buzz is about!
And if you would like a "one word" button like mine, hop over to Melanie's website!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top